Learn how to repurpose your content to reach a new audience and save time. Do you have quality content, but struggling to leverage it to reach a new audience? Content repurposing could be the solution. Discover how to use this strategy to maximize your content.
Learn how to repurpose your content for social media and other platforms to reach a new audience and save time. If you have quality content but are struggling to leverage it to reach a new audience, content repurposing could be the solution. Discover how to use this strategy to maximize your content and understand why repurpose content is essential for your business.
Understanding Content Repurposing
Content repurposing, also known as "content recycling", is the practice of reusing all or parts of existing content to expand its reach. This is where content repurposing software or content repurposing tools can be handy. The repurposed content is typically transformed into a new format; for instance, a blog post can be turned into an infographic or a podcast episode.
At Datakudo, we've mastered the art of repurposing web content, allowing us to consistently deliver valuable content to our audience or to our audiences' clients without burning out creative resources.
Why Content Repurposing is Essential
The primary benefit of content repurposing is that it simplifies content scaling. This is one of the key ideas for repurposing. In other words, you don’t need to write every post, shoot every video, and design every infographic from scratch. Instead, you can use a piece of new content as the basis for posts, videos, social media posts, webinars, and more.
Best Practices for Content Repurposing
1. Identify Evergreen Content Pieces: Your first step should be to find content on your site that's ripe for repurposing. Evergreen content, which remains relevant over a long period, is perfect for repurposing. For instance, a post about the best ways to clean an iPhone can be repurposed multiple times.
2. Adapt Content to Each Format: Your repurposed content needs to be a perfect match for the format you're using. For instance, using an article as the basis of a video could totally work, especially if you added sound effects, transitions, and other features to make the episode work well for video.
3. Break Up Content into Pieces: This allows you to share smaller bits of content on social media. For example, you can create a short clip from a long video and share that clip as a LinkedIn video post.
4. Make Content Visual: Visual content is more engaging and easier to consume. If your original content is text-based, consider transforming it into an infographic or a video.
5. Reuse Elements Across Different Formats: You can cover the same tip, technique, strategy, or approach multiple times across different pieces of content. Even if that content uses the same format.
Other Methods of Content Repurposing
You can also use repurposed content for guest posts or republish existing content on blogging platforms like LinkedIn Articles and Medium.com.
Benefits of Content Repurposing
Content repurposing allows you to reach a larger audience, save time while keeping your content bank full, and has been deemed the most effective by 48% of marketers in terms of time required to accomplish it.
Content repurposing is a powerful strategy that can help you reach a new audience and save time. Don't wait, start repurposing your content today! With the right approach, you can turn one piece of content into a multitude of different formats, maximizing its reach and effectiveness.
Always keep your audience in mind: What formats do they prefer? What platforms do they use? Answering these questions will help you create repurposed content that truly resonates with your audience.
Contact me to know more about our repurpose content tool and services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive intel insights, New Features, get all the best without any spam.
This blog post explores why a strong brand story is essential, how to avoid pitfalls, the ingredients for an impactful story, the importance of emotion and connection, and the effects of brand storytelling on sales and loyalty.